Black Friday is just around the corner, and we’re anticipating plenty of stellar offers from Target’s Black Friday 2017 sale. We’re here to help you prepare for the shopping holiday of the year by releasing insights on their best Black Friday deals, online and in-store offers, and even sale start times.
When to expect the Target Black Friday ad:
Last year, Target released their Black Friday 2016 ad on Monday, November 7th, which also included an official press release detailing their strategy for the holiday season. We anticipate the release of Target’s Black Friday 2017 ad on Monday, November 6th, and if it’s anything like last year’s ad, it will be a massive 40-page booklet. Stay updated with Target’s Black Friday 2017 news by checking the constantly updated Target Black Friday 2017 page here.
When, where, and how to shop:
We predict doors will open on Thanksgiving day to kick off official Black Friday sales this year, which means shoppers can visit their local Target store or visit Target.com potentially as early as 6 PM on Thursday, November 23rd. In the years prior, the retailer has extended their holiday hours for the remainder of the year, so check back on BlackFriday.FM or check Target.com for your Target’s holiday start times and hours when the time nears.
Moreover, we anticipate big sales leading up to Black Friday to allow shoppers to plan early to get the best deals. Last year, Target announced their 10 Days of Deals and Black Friday Pre-Sale, which began on November 19th, the Saturday before Black Friday. 10 Days of Deals featured steep discounts on items from various departments such as toys, electronics, kitchen, beauty, and more. This specific sale started six days before and lasted four days beyond Black Friday. The Black Friday Pre-Sale began Wednesday, November 23rd, and it was intended for early-bird shoppers who wanted to score exclusive Black Friday deals at Target.com or in stores with the Cartwheel app. Make note that in order to score Black Friday prices in store, shoppers will most likely need to have the Cartwheel app on their mobile devices. Deals included HDTVs, popular electronics, home goods, toys, and apparel for the family.
Side note: Target has recently announced a change to their Target Cartwheel app. Target Cartwheel app will soon be merging with the Target app. For existing Cartwheel Perks users, you'll have until August 27, 2017 to earn Perk points, and you must redeem all points by September 27, 2017. Target will consolidate their apps well before Black Friday so please be sure to have the Target app downloaded before shopping this holiday season! One new feature coming to the main app will be an interactive map that will show you where deals are at your local Target. (This will come in handy for Black Friday!).
Another smart shopping tip to look out for is their free holiday shipping, no minimum. Target’s official press release of 2016 unveiled not only exclusive Black Friday features but also free shipping, no minimum and returns on every order throughout the remainder of the year. We expect to see the free shipping offer again between October 23rd and 25th. The retailer also offered promotional offers such as $10 off $50 and even $25 off $100, as well as price match guarantee. Additionally, if you are a REDcard member, we believe it is likely that your 5% discount will be valid even during Black Friday, which has been the case in the past several years.
Based on last year’s Black Friday strategy, we are expecting another month of thousands of once-a-year deals from Target. We are anticipating Target to be home to some of the best prices for popular toys, gaming consoles, video games, televisions, and smartphone deals this Black Friday season. Stay tuned to see what’s to come!
What will be the best Black Friday deals in 2017?
You can expect all things Black Friday from incomparable doorbuster deals to exclusive online offers and stealthy competition from big-name retailers like Amazon, Walmart, and Best Buy, so we can guarantee that Target won’t hold back this shopping holiday.
So what makes Target a worthy competitor? They will offer aggressive discounts on an abundance of electronic goods, such as PlayStation, Xbox, video games, and 4K HD TVs, as well as household goods, the year’s hottest toys, things for baby, and fashion choices for everyone. Keep reading to see what’s coming!
Target Black Friday 2017 predictions:
In the past years, Target has offered innumerable notable offers in terms of packaged deals. For example, they frequently couple new smartphone activations, tablets, and the like with free Target gift cards ranging anywhere from $40 to $250. These offers give Best Buy and Walmart a run for their money, and it doesn’t end there.
- Beats Powerbeats3 Wireless Earphones from $163.99
- iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus for $0 down + free Target GiftCard bundles
- Samsung Galaxy activation + free Target GiftCard bundles
- Fitbit Charge 2 Heart Rate + Activity Wristband from $89.99
- GoPro HERO 5 + free Target GiftCard bundles
- Save up to $400 on bundle offers of Nikon and Canon DSLR cameras, lens, SD cards, and bags
- 25% off Apple TV models
Some of Target’s best doorbuster deals involve their hundreds of dollars of savings on high definition TVs for your home and wherever.
- Up to $500 off Samsung 4K UHD, Smart LED, and Ultra HD TVs
- Special purchase offers on LG, Element, and Polaroid Smart UHD and LED TVs
- Select TVs are bundled with free Target GiftCards
Laptops & Tablets:
If you’re looking for a new tablet or laptop, Target will be offering lowest prices of the season on some big Apple, Samsung, and Amazon devices.
- iPad Pro from $449.99
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A from $99.99
- Amazon Fire and Kindle devices from $33.33
- Lowest prices ever (savings start at $140) on HP and Polaroid laptops
Gaming Consoles & Video Games:
Undoubtedly, some of the hottest gaming consoles this year are and will be the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One X. Look for big savings and free Target GiftCard bundles with your purchase.
- 50% off select video games
- Save $50 on Xbox One X + free Target GiftCard bundles
- PlayStation 4 consoles from $249 + free Target GiftCard bundles
- Special purchase offers on Nintendo Switch and 3DS
Another notable category is home goods. Last year, Target offered brand name, popular home cleaning products, bed and bath goods, and small kitchen appliances for up to 50% off.
- Save up to $200 on Hoover and Dyson Vacuums
- KitchenAid Stand Mixer for $259.99 + free Target GiftCard
- 50% off select kitchen appliances, including Hamilton Beach and Black + Decker
- Up to $60 off T-fal and Rachael Ray cookware sets
- Up to 40% off bedding and bath
- 50% off holiday home decorations
In 2016, Target shared their highly-anticipated Target Holiday Toy Spectacular book - 80 pages of holiday savings that you will appreciate for your kids. This year, we’re expecting nothing less so keep your eyes peeled.
- Up to 50% off select toys, including Star Wars, Marvel, Disney, and more
- Sales on LEGO sets, Fisher Price Playsets, and Barbie dolls
- Buy one, get one 50% off toys from select brands
- 10% off your Target Kids’ Wish List, stackable with Cartwheel and REDcard
Now that you have a better idea for what to expect, check out Target’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday hours for preparation.
Thanksgiving Day hours:
- Online: 6 PM on November 23, 2017
- In-store: 6 PM on November 23, 2017
Black Friday hours:
- Online: 12 AM on November 24, 2017
- In-store: doors will remain open all day on November 24, 2017
Cyber Monday sale information:
- Starts at 12 AM on Friday, November 24, 2017
- Free shipping, no minimum throughout the holiday season
- Last year, Target offered 15% off nearly everything online and in-stores from Sunday, November 27 through Cyber Monday, November 28. Cyber Week deals continued throughout the week following Cyber Monday at Target.com
- Learn more about Target Cyber Monday 2017 here
We’ll continue to update our Target Black Friday page as more information is released about Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and all upcoming holiday promotions. Stay tuned!