For many years now, Best Buy has cemented themselves as one of the premier destinations for great electronic deals when Black Friday rolls around. This electronic retailer boast jaw dropping doorbusters and sale prices on TVs, computers, smartphones, tablets, and a wide variety of other electronics. With the upcoming holiday season right around the corner, our team did the research for you and bring you the best of Best Buy Black Friday 2017 deal predictions, sales information and start times. Keep these information in mind when mapping out your Black Friday shopping strategy this year!
When will Best Buy Black Friday 2017 ad and deals start?
So of course, the most pressing question on everyone’s mind… when will Best Buy’s Black Friday sale start this year and when will the Black Friday ad be released? The ad is no doubt one of the biggest tool in your holiday game plan when it comes to price matching and making sure you get the most of your money on solid deals. Based on historical ad and start dates, here are our best guess for Best Buy Black Friday.
Best Buy Black Friday will start on Thursday, November 23 at 5PM
Similar to the last two years prior, Best Buy Black Friday will likely go live in stores at 5PM the day before Black Friday. So this year, mark your calendars and get your Thanksgiving dinner started a little sooner if you’re planning to stake out the early doorbuster deals at Best Buy. However, we suggest enjoying your big feast and time with loved ones because you won’t be missing out on too much. Retailers typically offer early doorbusters throughout Black Friday week but you’ll also be able to access doorbuster deals on the day of Black Friday as well. Best Buy launched some exclusive in store doorbuster deals at 8AM on Black Friday last year and we expect no less from them this year.
Best Buy Black Friday ad release dates:
Based on past release dates above, Best Buy will likely release this year’s Black Friday ad between Friday, November 10 - Monday, November 13 this year. We suggest checking back starting November 10 on BlackFriday.fm--our team will be posting all Black Friday ads from top retailers starting as early as late October! (You can subscribe to our email newsletter alert at the bottom of this post and download our mobile app. We’ll shoot you a notification for all Black Friday ad scan and retail news!).
What kind of Best Buy Black Friday doorbusters and deals to expect this year:
Best Buy is very well known for their doorbuster deals. While they usually only have a limited quantity of these hot offers in stock, these will be the best prices you see anywhere on top brands and models available. In addition to Walmart and Target, Best Buy is one of the very best places to find the best TV deals for the lowest prices. They feature a wide variety of options from all the top brands in the industry.
If you’re looking for higher end TV’s such as Smart TV’s, 4K, etc. then Best Buy should be your top destination. Last year, Best Buy hosted a few TV doorbuster deals and they don’t call them doorbusters for nothing. Their Thursday doorbusters from 2016 included a 60” LG 4K UHD TV for just $599.99 but if you’re a fan of smaller screen size, they also had a 32” Insignia Smart Roku TV for just $99.99. We also saw a lot of top TV brands like Samsung and LG offering 4K TVs 43” - 55” under $400 with LG offering a 65” 4K UHD TV for just $800. We expect 4K UHD TVs to drop further during Black Friday this year as electronic retailers clear away past inventory to prepare for newer models in 2018. Here're what price ranges you can expect for TVs this year:
- 32” or under TVs to be offered at a price range of $60 $150
- 54" - 60" TVs will range from $399 - $599
- 60" and above will range from $500 - $900
As always, TV prices will depend highly on model and make. It's important to take a deeper look at the specs for each TV so do a little research before going on a buying spree on Black Friday! We recommend having a few TVs on your wishlist so you know what to look out for once the the Black Friday ads are revealed.
While TVs tend to take the spotlight for the Black Friday mass, don’t forget to look out for video games and console deals this year. One of the most talked about console of the year includes the Nintendo Switch which will no doubt have its time in the Black Friday spotlight this year as well. The latest console will be on a lot of Christmas wish-lists (ours included) and we can expect a bundle deal or $50 off during Black Friday.
Video Games and Consoles
Many shoppers will have their eyes on top gaming console bundles this year which includes the PS4 Pro and Slim, Xbox ONE X (coming in November 7), Nintendo Switch and Classic NES, and Nintendo DS handheld consoles. As with most Black Friday console offers, the best prices will be their bundle offers which comes with a minimum of $50 off retail price with a bonus game. Here're what you can expect for this year's gaming deals from Best Buy:
- (NEW) Xbox ONE X bundle with choice of game for $350 + free wireless control
- Xbox ONE S 1TB bundle for $250 + free wireless control
- Xbox ONE S 500GB bundle for $199
- PS4 Slim bundle for $199
- (NEW) Nintendo 2DS XL bundle with choice of game for $150
- Nintendo 3DS XL and older models $20 off retail price
- Nintendo Switch for $250 or bundle for $300
- $10 and $20 select gaming titles
- iPhone 7/Plus gets up to $250 Best Buy gift card with purchase and activation
- Up to $125 off all iPads
- Apple Watch Series 1 for $99.99 and Series 2 for $299
Laptops & Tablets
- 15.6" HP Intel Core i5 laptops from $300 - $350
- 15.6" HP Intel Core i7 laptops from $600
- 13.3" Lenovo and ASUS tablets for $250 - $300
- 11.6" Samsung Chromebook for $99.99
- Up to 40% off on major appliances with special financing offer and free delivery for items totaling $399 and over
- Washer & Dryer combo from Whirlpool, Samsung, LG save up to $300 off
- KitchenAid Professional 5 Plus Series Stand Mixer for $149.99
- Dyson V6 Animal Bagless Cordless Stick Vacuum or Ball Animal Bagless Vacuum for $199.99
Other Miscellaneous Electronics and Items
- Fujifilm with free pack of film for $39.99
- Nikon and Canon DSLR bundles with 32Gb memory card and 18-55mm and 70-300mm lenses for $349.99 - 599.99
- Sony Alpha a5100 for $499.99 or a6000 for $699.99
- 60-85% off on SanDisk flash memory
- Google Home for $99
Best Buy Black Friday in July
If Best Buy’s Black Friday in July sale is any indicator, we have some very great deals to look forward to in the week leading up to Black Friday. Every year, Best Buy hosts a summer Black Friday sale that takes place in July and you can get a sneak peek at some Black Friday prices on this year’s most popular electronics. Not to our surprise, Best Buy offered some savings on select Apple iPads and MacBooks with up to $200 off on select iPad Pro models and up to $350 off select MacBook Air.
TV deals were not the best during their Black Friday in July sale but still decent for those in desperate need of an upgrade this summer (ahem Game of Thrones in 4K UHD please and thank you). Some worthwhile deals include the 60” LG 4K UHD TV offered at an in-cart price of $829.99 and a 32” Insignia Roku Smart TV for $149.99. But rest assured, their summer Black Friday is only a glimpse of what’s to come in November so stay tuned for more news on Best Buy Black Friday!
Keep an eye out for Best Buy one-day holiday events leading up to Black Friday too.
Last year, among their 50th anniversary sale, Best Buy threw a lot of mini sale parties leading up to Black Friday. Early November last year, they hosted a one-day and in store only Top Tech Holiday Event that feature a range of the most sought-after holiday gifts. (You’ll find that most of the items from last year’s event are still very much trending this year!). Best Buy also hosted an Apple Event once their Black Friday Early Access deals were live and some deals includes up to $250 Best Buy gift card with purchase of any iPhone 7, up to $125 off iPad Mini 4, 50% off select Apple Watch accessories, and more.
We can anticipate the same event sales leading up to Black Friday as most electronic retailers cash in on the shopping frenzy. Keep your eye out for updates on BlackFriday.fm closer to October for all flash sale events and holiday free shipping announcements from your favorite stores!
Shopping online? Best Buy may be giving everyone free shipping no minimum again this holiday season
Last year, Best Buy was among the first major retailer to launch holiday free shipping no minimum. Best Buy free shipping offer for the holiday ran from October 23 to December 24, 2016. They also ran the same offer in 2015 so online shoppers this year can best look forward to this offer returning late October this year as well! This one’s a lifesaver for those of us looking to cut cost on holiday purchases and there are many.
That’s just one of the many main perks of shopping online of course, if you’re planning to shop strictly online for Black Friday this year, here’re a few ways to get the most out of your purchase at BestBuy.com.
Tips & Tricks for Black Friday at Best Buy 2017
- The official Best Buy Black Friday ad should be released on or by November 13, 2017.
- We recommend having a My Best Buy account (free to join) so you can be the first to get updates on any sale news, exclusive offers including early access deals available for Best Buy members only.
- BestBuy.com will include exclusive doorbusters (possibility of a preview/countdown event) in-stores and online. Black Friday doorbusters will start on Thanksgiving Day.
- Even as doorbuster deals are rolling out, keep checking back. Best Buy has been known to released hundreds of additional deal items on Black Friday.
- Best Buy Price Matching will NOT apply to any items bought during Thanksgiving or Black Friday sales.
- If you have a Best Buy Credit Card, special financing will be available at up to 24 months, or receive 5% back when you choose standard financing.
- If you are looking to score doorbuster deals, get there early to ensure that you get a ticket. Customers have been known to camp outside of Best Buy ahead of time. We aren’t suggesting that you do this at all, but be prepared to get in line at least 2 hours before doors open.
- For those purchasing online, Best Buy offers free 2-day shipping on all orders of $35 and above. In any case, we suspect that they will again offer free holiday shipping with no minimum throughout the holiday season--so stay tuned for more updates!
- Bestbuy.com has a Black Friday Doorbusters FAQ section that answers tons of questions.
Keep up to date with us by signing up for BlackFriday.fm email newsletter or take us on the go with our Black Friday mobile app. More summer Black Friday news coming up soon! Get a head start on your research and browse all top stores' Black Friday 2016 ads below.