The biggest, baddest holiday sale is fast approaching, and as usual, we predict Walmart Black Friday 2017 sales will not disappoint. Want to know what the best Black Friday deals will be, when the sale begins, and whether to shop online? You’ve come to the right place! By planning ahead and shopping smart, you can save time and money, and score bragging rights this holiday season.
When to expect the Walmart Black Friday ad:
We expect the 2017 Black Friday ad to come out between November 7th and November 11th. Last year, the ad was released November 10th. Official Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday ads, as well as the Holiday Toy Book will be posted at our Walmart Black Friday 2017 page and in the official Walmart App as soon as they become available. Stay tuned!
When, where, and how to shop:
While Black Friday falls on November 24th, 2017, that doesn’t mean sales begin that day. It’s become the norm for top retailers to begin sales earlier in order to prolong sales and simplify the shopping experience. We predict that this year, Walmart’s strategy will be to spread sales out over the course of 5-6 days throughout Thanksgiving week, with thousands of online Black Friday deals available throughout all of November.
Like last year, Walmart will be increasing their efforts to meet anticipated demand by securing larger inventory for top items like 4K TVs, laptops, toys, video games, and gaming consoles to be available both online and in-store. That means less fighting and more savings for all.
The main competitor to Amazon is Walmart, and since 2015 Walmart has offered their "Dare to Compare" sale that started out as a direct selection of products price-matched to Amazon as often as every few minutes (now includes Best Buy, Target, Home Depot, and Toys R Us/Babies R Us). Many of these products will include an in-store pickup discount that matches the Amazon sale price. Dare to Compare is no longer limited to just Black Friday, the feature's success made it so Walmart continues to price match popular products on a daily basis. You can browse the page at walmart.com and keep it bookmarked to browse top deals this coming holiday.
To help shoppers find their items and secure everything on their list, they’ll be bringing back interactive store maps and wristbands as well. First introduced in 2014, these wristbands played a large part in preventing the usual pushing and shoving that comes with in-store Black Friday shopping. Read our original post to get a refresher on how Walmart wristbands work. Again, they will be available for select popular doorbusters only. While these wristbands secure your item(s) for two hours, we still recommend that you arrive at least two hours prior to the sale to secure that wristband.
What will be the best Black Friday deals in 2017?
With thousands of online deals, fight-inducing, mind-blowing doorbuster deals, and fierce competition from retail giants like Amazon, Best Buy, and Target, you can bet your dollar that this year’s Walmart Black Friday deals will beat out all previous year’s prices. But with so many deals to shop for, it’s important to prepare so you catch everything on your list at the best price possible.
We went ahead and analyzed the best Walmart Black Friday deals in previous years, as well as current offers up-to-date to compile a list of Black Friday predictions for the most popular items below. So now that you know where to shop, when to shop, and how to shop, we proudly reveal this year’s Walmart Black Friday deal predictions for 2017.
Walmart Black Friday 2017 predictions:
Walmart is most known for their unbeatable Black Friday TV deals. Their TV’s might even be half the reason shoppers camp out and fight each other in stores. The deals are that good. Just keep in mind that select models may be seasonal products that resemble higher end TVs, yet are somewhat watered down versions created just for Black Friday. Always research the brand and model number to see if you can find reviews or ratings before purchasing. Check all specs before shelling out your money. Refresh rate, resolution, and a number of HDMI/USB ports are the main changes you’ll see in these Black Friday exclusives.
- 40-inch TCL, Element, Hisense, Sceptre, or Insignia HD LED TV - $99
- 50-inch TCL, Element, Hisense, Sceptre, or Insignia HD LED TV - $179
- Philips 55-inch 4K TV - $259
- LG 50-inch Smart 4K TV - $349
- Vizio 60-inch LED HDTV - $329
- 55-inch TCL, Hisense, Sceptre, or Insignia 4K Ultra HD Smart TV - $349
- LG 65-inch 4K HDTV - $429
- Samsung 55-inch Curved 4K Smart TV - $649
- Vizio 70-inch 4K Smart LED HDTV - $699
- Samsung 65-inch Smart 4K Ultra HDTV - $799
- LG 70-inch Smart 4K Ultra HDTV - $949
- 75-inch Hisense, Sceptre, or Insignia 4K HDTV 60Hz - $999
While most shoppers focus on iPads and Samsung Galaxy tablets, there tends to be a lesser known brand that becomes a hot doorbuster deal, perfect for those who need a basic tablet for cheap. Last year, it was a 7” RCA Android tablet priced at $28. If you’ve got a reliable laptop or computer and only need the tablet for basic functions like reading or checking email, it’s definitely worth the price.
- 16GB Samsung Galaxy Tab A - 10.1” Tablet - $199
- Samsung TAB E - 7” Lite Tablet - $49
- 16GB Apple iPad Mini 4 - $209
- 128GB Apple iPad Mini 4 - $264
- 128GB Apple iPad - 9.7” - $349
- Apple iPad Air 2 - 9.7” Tablets - from $259
- 16GB Lenovo Tab 4 - 8” - $99
- Lesser Known Brand (i.e. ZTE or RCA): 16GB 8” WiFi Tablet - $24
Hot gaming consoles & video game deals:
PS4 Pro will undoubtedly be one of the hottest items this year, so we hope Walmart releases doorbuster wristbands for this item. There will be a variety of bundles available, some including popular video games, others including controllers or a free gift card.
- Microsoft Xbox One S 500GB Bundles - from $149
- Microsoft Xbox One S 1TB Bundles - from $199
- PlayStation 4 Slim “Uncharted 4” 500GB bundle with free $30 gift card - $249
- PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB Gaming Console - $299
- Nintendo 3DS XL Galaxy Style Bundles - from $149
- Blockbuster video games - from $20
Laptops & computers:
Walmart typically doesn’t carry top-of-the-line models that you might find at Best Buy, however, the price is always right.
- 11.6” Samsung 11.6” Chromebook 3 | 4GB Memory | 16GB SSD - $139
- Acer Aspire Intel Celeron Processor | 4GB Ram | 500GB HD - $199
- Acer 15.6” Core i7 Laptop | 8GB Memory | 1TB HD - $429
- Dell Inspiron 15.6” Touch Screen Laptop | i5 | 256GB SSD | 1GB HD - $479
More Black Friday deals - home, personal tech, more:
- Roku Express Plus - $19
- Nest Cam Indoor Security Camera - $119
- Nest Cam 1080p Outdoor Security Surveillance Camera - $159
- Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch - $89
- Samsung Gear S3 Frontier Smartwatch 46mm - $299
- Apple Watch Series 1 38mm - $189
- Apple Watch Series 2 42mm - $299
- Apple TV 32GB - $89
- Apple TV 64GB - $119
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity Sleep Band - $19
- Fitbit Flex 2: $45
- Fitbit Blaze Smartwatch: $99
Now that you have an idea of this year’s Walmart Black Friday predictions, check out store hours and sale start times below.
Thanksgiving Day hours:
- Online: 12AM ET on November 23rd, 2017
- In-store: doors open at 5PM local time on November 23rd, 2017
Black Friday hours:
- Online: 12AM ET on November 24th, 2017
- In- store: doors remain open all day November 24th, 2017
Cyber Monday sale information:
- Early Cyber Monday deals begin 12AM ET on November 25th
- Official Cyber Monday sale starts 12AM ET on November 27th
- Cyber Week will continue with more deals through the following Friday
As new information is released, we’ll continue to update our Walmart Black Friday page until all sales are over. Stay tuned for more information as we near the holiday season. In the mean time, take a look at Black Friday 2016 ad scans from top stores below!